TORBAY OPEN POETRY
Danielle Hope has published four books of poetry – all with Rockingham Press –and her work has appeared widely in magazines and newspapers. She has led many poetry writing workshops, judged several competitions and co-written two plays with Martin Orrell. She translates Italian poetry, especially Eugenio Montale and Giovanni Pascoli. She founded and edited Zenos, a magazine of British and International Poetry, edited the work of the Turkish poet, Feyyaz Fergar, was a Trustee of Survivors Poetry, is editorial advisor for the Literary Magazine, Acumen and helps in the Torbay Poetry Festival.
plus free weekend at the poetry festival, (18th – 22nd Oct 2018), including accommodation and Festival Pass.
£300 second prize plus a free Festival Pass.
£150 third prize plus ticket for the Festival
supper for two.
ENTRANCE FEE: £5 per poem or 5 poems for £20 for entries received by post. Online entries are £5 each because of additional admin costs in time and printing.
Closing date: August 31st 2017
Winners to be announced at the PRIZE-WINNERS’ PARTY on Saturday 21st October, at the Torbay Poetry Festival, Livermead Cliﬀ Hotel,Torquay, Devon where short-listed poets will be invited to read their poems.
All short-listed poets will be notified no later than September 28th.
How to enter
- Download an Entry Form here, complete and return with your poem(s) and fee.
- Compete the form alongside, attach your poems and then click ‘Add to Cart’ to make your payment via Paypal (£5 per poem). If you are entering more than one poem, please put all poems on separate sheets in one Word file.
- Poems must be original, unpublished and not accepted for publication. They should be written in English and not exceed 50 lines.
- Each poem must be typed, single-spaced on one side of A4 paper which must not bear the name of the author or any form of identification. The titles of poems and name and address of the poet should be clearly listed on the entry form or a separate sheet of paper.
- The entry fee is £5.00 per poem, or 5 poems for £20.00 by post or £5 per poem online.
- Receipt of entry will be acknowledged if a stamped, addressed postcard marked ‘Receipt’ is enclosed with entry.
- A list of winners will be sent if a stamped addressed envelope marked ‘Prizewinners’ is enclosed with the entry.
- Copyright will remain with the author, but the organisers reserve the right to publish any of the winning or commended poems up to one year after the end of the competition.
- The awards will be announced at the Torbay Poetry Festival. The winning poets will be notified in advance and invited to attend the Prizegiving Party. All short-listed poets will be invited to read their short-listed entry.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the results. The poems will not be returned.
- The organisers reserve the right to return poems and entry fees if the need arises.
- Neither the judge nor organisers are eligible to enter the competition.
- The judge will read ALL the entries.
- Cheques/POs should be made payable to Torbay Poetry and sent together with the poems and author’s details to: The Administrator, c/o 6 The Mount,Brixham, South Devon TQ5 8QY, UK. Envelopes should be clearly marked ‘Torbay Open Poetry Competition’